Whether you are a new runner or returning to running these online programs are designed to help minimise your chances of getting injured. Our beginner programs are focused on keeping you running by ensuring the workload is manageable and practicing running with good technique. Each program includes a detailed strength and coordination program to condition your body for injury free running.
The 12 week online program is designed to increase your fitness to comfortably complete a 3 – 5 km fun run. This will give you great satisfaction and also provide an objective benchmark to set future goals and help calibrate your training paces as your running progresses. The 24 week program will get you in shape for a 10 – 15km fun run and if you’re really motivated, a half-marathon is within your reach.
- Good running technique.
- How to choose running shoes and clothing.
- Trends such as running shoe minimalism and barefoot running.
- Massage and self-massage.
- Injuries, how to avoid and detect them early before they get serious.
- Running myths and misinformation.
- Detailed strength and coordination program.
- Stretching … and much more.
- Strengthening and coordinating the muscles needed to run with good technique.
- Developing the mindset and knowledge to train smarter.
- Balancing your training: only run as much as your strength, technique and fitness will safely allow.
There is a significant amount of foundation strength training built into the program that you should treat as equally important (if not more so) than the actual running components.